As we are getting towards the end of October, I’ve been looking at ideas and colours for a winter wedding! I actually love a winter wedding as this is what I had myself ( a November wedding ) and i’m so glad that I did when I look back on our photos.
Winter is all about warm colours and sparkle and adding silver, gold and glitter to give a feeling of glamour! Think about an all white wedding with a touch of silver? or deep reds and gold if your thinking of a Christmas wedding?
This is the time of year that you can have log fires, pretty lights and hot chocolate for that cosy feel!
Here are a few winter wedding ideas!
- Warm colours – reds and purples and adding silver, gold and white
- Log fires – A venue with a log fire would be amazing if there was snow outside!
- Mulled wine – Why not replace the usual wine or champagne with a glass of mulled wine?
- Hot Chocolate – Fab idea for a cold day while guests are outside for photos! Maybe add some marshmallows?
- Christmas – Why not go for a Christmas theme with red and green colours? you could even have a Christmas tree to decorate the room!
- Pine cones and berries – These can be used not only in your centre pieces but bouquets look gorgeous with berries in them.
- Lights – Decorate your venue with pretty twinkling lights and also battery candles to give the room a cosy glow.
- Candy canes – Everyone loves candy canes! Scatter them on the tables or give them as favours, you could even add name tags to them and use as place cards?
- Dresses – Go for dresses with sleeves and faux fur wraps to keep yourself warm and they will look stunning on your photos. Dress shown below http://www.justinalexanderbridal.com you could even go for a red dress?
- Baubles – Another idea for wedding favours or to replace name cards on the tables, can also be used to decorate your venue!